1. Information collected by BenedictMackay
Depending on the particular circumstances, BenedictMackay may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, Medicare details, health information (including information relating to your lifestyle, medical history, medications, family history, occupation and treatments) contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number) and financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers). The kinds of personal information we collect depends upon the nature of our relationship with you.
In most cases we will only collect credit information about you if you disclose it to us. Our usual purpose for collecting, holding, using and disclosing credit information about you is to enable us to process payments for the medical services.
This policy does not apply to acts and practices that relate directly to the employee records of our current and former employees.
2. How BenedictMackay will collect your information
BenedictMackay may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to BenedictMackay when you retain our services or visit the Website or contact BenedictMackay with a query or request)
- from other health service providers including hospitals, clinics and other healthcare professions if they have referred you or are involved in your care
- from publicly available sources of information
- from BenedictMackay’s own internal records
If you choose not to provide certain information about yourself, BenedictMackay may not be able to provide you with the services or information you require.
3. How BenedictMackay will hold your information
BenedictMackay may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that BenedictMackay owns, or that are owned and operated by third party service providers.
BenedictMackay takes the privacy and security of your information seriously and BenedictMackay is committed to maintaining the security of your information under BenedictMackay's control.
BenedictMackay uses a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes protect your information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
While BenedictMackay takes these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the range of information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your own information.
4. Purposes for which BenedictMackay will collect, hold and use your information
BenedictMackay may collect, hold and use your information for a range of different purposes, including
- to provide services to you, to provide you with information about those services, to assist you with enquiries, or to provide you with better health services;
- to coordinate and/or communicate with you and healthcare providers involved in your care;
- to procure additional healthcare services on your behalf (such as referrals to other providers or obtaining second opinions);
- to improve or develop services, or to perform research and analysis.
- to liaise with your health fund, Medicare, theDepartment of Veterans’ Affairs, Department of Health or another payer or contractor of services;
- to fulfil regulatory and public health requirements, including liaising with regulatory or health authorities, as required by law;
- to administer and manage the services BenedictMackay provides to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe BenedictMackay; and
We will not collect personal information that would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to our business.
5. When BenedictMackay will disclose your information
BenedictMackay may disclose your information:
- as required or authorised by law, including to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities
- to other Healthcare service providers or other relevant parties involved in your care or requesting services on your behalf(including for the purpose of obtaining second opinions or making referrals, on your behalf, for specialist medical services)
- to third parties who assist BenedictMackay to manage or develop BenedictMackay's business; or
- for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of BenedictMackay's assets or business
BenedictMackay does not intend to disclose your information to third parties outside of Australia.
6. Overseas disclosure of the information
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas entities unless you expressly advise us to, apart from the offsite storage of our information or to the extent that it is necessary or desirable to make such disclosure to obtain payment of money owed to us.
7. Links to other websites
Most web browser software allows you to block cookies if you choose to do so.
9. Your email Address and the Spam Act
BenedictMackay is fully compliant with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and BenedictMackay will not send you promotional material if you do not want it sent to you. BenedictMackay will not forward your email address to any third parties without your express permission.
10. How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your personal information that BenedictMackay holds or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact BenedictMackay using the contact details set out at the contact page.
You may also use these contact details to notify BenedictMackay of any privacy complaint you have against BenedictMackay, including if you think that BenedictMackay has failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP)
BenedictMackay will investigate any complaints received in writing and endeavour to respond to your complaint within 14 days of receipt of the complaint.
While BenedictMackay will use its best endeavours to address any complaint that you may have, if you are unsatisfied in the manner in which BenedictMackay deals with your complaint, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
11. About this Policy
This policy has been issued by BenedictMackay, effective as at February 2020. From time to time, BenedictMackay may need to change this policy.
BenedictMackay will post the updated version here and it will apply to all of your information held by BenedictMackay at the time.
If you would like to complain about a breach of the APP, you may contact our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (07) 5353 7123 and ask to speak to our Privacy Officer.